- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ganglike White House behavior
Question of the Day
The recent cover-up by the Obama administration of circumstances surrounding the Benghazi terrorist attacks coupled with the ganglike demeanor exhibited by both President Obama and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. during their respective debates would point to the White House having adopted a new policy: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.
Living in a poor neighborhood here in Buffalo, N.Y., I am not surprised by the recent gangland behavior of the Obama administration and similar behavior from the liberal media over the Libya murders. I’ve seen this behavior before, especially right after a neighborhood drug-gang crime. That and the behavior of the Obama administration are eerily similar.
First, Mr. Obama’s supporters are always sent out immediately following reckless administration activity to try to stem the metaphorical bleeding and hide or destroy evidence of wrongdoing or mistakes. Then the liberal media go after all the witnesses and bystanders to intimidate them into silence.
It’s becoming obvious to many that Mr. Obama is running our nation as if he were the head of a cartel, locked in a perpetual struggle to unshackle his liberal soldiers from the restraint of the rule of law.
MATTHEW R. POWENSKI
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America: Land of the free no more?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wage-theft by employers needs legislative remedy
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Douglass would abhor affirmative action
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's voter bloc of 'entitlement' illegals