- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
NFL power rankings: Falcons soar to top of AP standings
Question of the Day
NEW YORK — The Atlanta Falcons have soared to the top of the AP Pro32 NFL power rankings after another close win left them as the NFL’s only unbeaten team.
Atlanta receives 11 of the 12 first-place votes and 381 points Tuesday from The Associated Press panel of media members who regularly cover the NFL.
The Falcons, 23-20 winners over Oakland on Sunday, become the fifth team to be ranked No. 1 this season. Houston held the top spot the past three weeks but fell to fourth following its first loss, 42-24 to Green Bay.
The New York Giants moved up five spots to second following its 26-3 win over San Francisco. The 49ers dropped two places to fifth. The Giants had one first-place vote and 364 points. Baltimore is third with 352 points.
Jacksonville fell to 32nd and last, replacing Cleveland after the Browns won for the first time and moved up to 30th.
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq