- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
NFL power rankings: Falcons soar to top of AP standings
NEW YORK — The Atlanta Falcons have soared to the top of the AP Pro32 NFL power rankings after another close win left them as the NFL's only unbeaten team.
Atlanta receives 11 of the 12 first-place votes and 381 points Tuesday from The Associated Press panel of media members who regularly cover the NFL.
The Falcons, 23-20 winners over Oakland on Sunday, become the fifth team to be ranked No. 1 this season. Houston held the top spot the past three weeks but fell to fourth following its first loss, 42-24 to Green Bay.
The New York Giants moved up five spots to second following its 26-3 win over San Francisco. The 49ers dropped two places to fifth. The Giants had one first-place vote and 364 points. Baltimore is third with 352 points.
Jacksonville fell to 32nd and last, replacing Cleveland after the Browns won for the first time and moved up to 30th.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Details on ships, planes searching for missing jet
- Cops: 2 shoot up heroin as kids play at McDonald's
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again