- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Ohio U football player arrested on assault charge
ATHENS, OHIO (AP) - A football player for No. 25 Ohio University has been arrested after police say he and four other men attacked a freshman who had been sitting on a bench.
Nineteen-year-old Mike Lucas was charged with felonious assault on Monday following the incident early Sunday morning.
The redshirt freshman offensive lineman from Chicago has a hearing set for Oct. 25 in Athens County Municipal Court. A judge will decide whether there’s probable cause to refer the case for prosecution in common pleas court.
A message left for Lucas was not immediately returned Tuesday.
Lucas had seen action in the unbeaten Bobcats’ wins over New Mexico State, Marshall, Norfolk State and Massachusetts. Ohio is ranked for the first time since 1968.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again