- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Vote for progress, not stagnation
Question of the Day
Are you tired of the lack of progress on job creation, U.S. debt continuing to increase with more spending programs and increased taxation for all Americans? Are you sick of past and future bailouts, nonfunctioning green-energy stimulus programs and a general lack of focus, direction and leadership from the Obama administration?
Then on Election Day, cast your vote for Mitt Romney for president and for all conservatives, including judges, at the local, state and federal levels. We need to stop the irresponsible socialist behavior of President Obama and the potential devastation that will occur if he is re-elected. This may be our last chance to place America on the path to economic recovery. We desire a better America for our children and grandchildren than the practices Mr. Obama's administration has forced upon us over the past four years.
We have the power to right the American ship and restore our constitutional values. Vote for conservative candidates with pride and passion. Do it for all future generations.
Whispering Pines, N.C.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets