- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
Flavor Flav jailed in Vegas domestic battery case
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Entertainer Flavor Flav is jailed in Las Vegas on felony assault and misdemeanor domestic battery charges after police say he argued with his fiancee and threatened to attack her teenage son with a knife.
Officer Bill Cassell says no one was injured in the scuffle about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at a home in a residential neighborhood several miles southwest of the Las Vegas Strip.
The 53-year-old former rapper and reality television star's legal name is William Jonathan Drayton Jr.
He's being held on $23,000 bail at the Clark County jail, with an initial court appearance scheduled Thursday. It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
Drayton was part of the 1980s and 90s rap group Public Enemy. His public persona includes wearing a big clock on his chest.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow