- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: State of economy no joking matter
We need more "G.I. Joes" in the White House, not "Joker Joes" like Vice President Joseph. R. Biden Jr., as seen earlier this month during the vice presidential debate.
Mr. Biden's laughing-gas performance in the face of a failing economy and an internal moral crisis that threatens the very foundation of religious freedom in America was sadly typical of what "we, the people" have come to expect from the Obama administration over the past four years. Even in his lucid moments, Mr. Biden seemed confused and was contradictory in his debate with the more articulate, respectful and optimistic Rep. Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican and GOP challenger. While claiming to be a devout Catholic and an opponent of abortion, Mr. Biden hypocritically asserted that he could not "impose" his religious views on others. This is tantamount to living a double life. Even the average Joe knows that every civil law passed is, in fact, an imposition on someone.
We need to get rid of the jokers in the White House who idly sit by and fiddle while America burns. November is the time to do it.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die