- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Egg bread is versatile and satisfying
When baking season brings thoughts of savory loaves of bread hot from the oven, we often overlook egg breads. But these rich, moist — and yes, eggy — loaves deserve serious consideration. They are satisfying in a way we typically associate with quick sweet breads, yet are versatile enough to accompany dinner and make delicious sandwiches.
For this recipe, we studded a basic egg bread with four varieties of seeds — sesame, sunflower, poppy and pumpkin. The seeds add a satisfying crunch without detracting from the moist crumb of the bread. If you’d rather leave out the seeds, that’s fine, too.
FOUR-SEED EGG BREAD
Start to finish: 3 hours
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds (also called pepitas)
¼-ounce packet instant yeast
½ cup warm milk
½ cup warm water
4 egg yolks
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again