- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Egg bread is versatile and satisfying
When baking season brings thoughts of savory loaves of bread hot from the oven, we often overlook egg breads. But these rich, moist — and yes, eggy — loaves deserve serious consideration. They are satisfying in a way we typically associate with quick sweet breads, yet are versatile enough to accompany dinner and make delicious sandwiches.
For this recipe, we studded a basic egg bread with four varieties of seeds — sesame, sunflower, poppy and pumpkin. The seeds add a satisfying crunch without detracting from the moist crumb of the bread. If you’d rather leave out the seeds, that’s fine, too.
FOUR-SEED EGG BREAD
Start to finish: 3 hours
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon toasted sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds (also called pepitas)
¼-ounce packet instant yeast
½ cup warm milk
½ cup warm water
4 egg yolks
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Richard Ivory, editor-in-chief of Hip Hop Republicans and HHR at Communities Digital News, turns his interests, and pen, to the people making news today.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow