- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
Haas becomes 38th player with 500 wins on ATP Tour
Question of the Day
VIENNA (AP) - Tommy Haas has become the fourth still-active tennis player to win 500 matches on the ATP Tour, joining Roger Federer (871), Rafael Nadal (583) and Lleyton Hewitt (566).
The 34-year-old German, who turned pro in 1996 and has won 13 career titles, reached the mark Thursday with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over American Jesse Levine in the second round of the Erste Bank Open.
Haas is the 38th player in the Open era to achieve the feat.
Jimmy Connors leads the all-time list with 1,243 wins, followed by Ivan Lendl (1,071), Guillermo Vilas (923), John McEnroe (875) and Federer.
Boris Becker (713) was the first German player to achieve the mark.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq