- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Porsche launches a special Sport Sedan series
Question of the Day
Porsche is offering a particularly exclusive and elegant version of the Panamera: the Platinum Edition. The elegant special edition Panamera, available in Panamera and all-wheel-drive Panamera 4 configurations, stands out thanks to subtle, independent design features in platinum silver metallic combined with expanded standard features and exclusive details. The two new Panamera models will be available in the U.S. starting January 5, 2013.
The lower half of the side view mirrors, along with various grills designed specifically for the turbo model, the trim on the trunk lid and the rear diffuser are all in platinum silver metallic. The interplay with one of the Edition’s five exterior finish colors results in an especially harmonious and elegant appearance. Available in solid exterior colors of black or white as well as the optional basalt black metallic, carbon grey metallic and mahogany metallic lacquer finishes. The exterior package in high gloss black is used for the side window strips creates a convincing overall exterior appearance.
Delivering considerable customer benefit, many popular options are now standard equipment with the Panamera Platinum Edition. These include the Bi-Xenon with Porsche Dynamic Lighting System (PDLS) main headlights and parking assist front and rear. The 19-inch Panamera Turbo alloy wheels with full color Porsche center crests highlight the sporty elegance of the vehicle.
The new black/luxor beige two-tone combination also creates an especially sumptuous interior ambience. Exclusively for the Panamera Platinum Edition a partial-leather interior package comes as standard, with a full leather package available. The new two-tone combination patterns have been revised and along with the upper part of the dashboard and the door trim, the foot-well and the back of the front seats as well as the load-space cover are in black, while the remainder of the interior is in luxor beige. Other highlights include the standard sport design steering wheel and the distinctive Porsche crest on the front and rear headrests as well as the insignia “Platinum Edition” on the front door trim strips.
The Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system with navigation and standard Bose Audio surround sound helps to keep Platinum Edition drivers on track. With a high-resolution 7-inch TFT touchscreen and fourteen loudspeakers with a combined output of 585 watts, the Porsche Communication Management with built-in navigation unit not only gives assistance with dynamic route guidance, but also ensures optimal audio sound in the vehicle. In addition, Power Steering Plus as well as front and rear seat heating comes as standard. With the popular Bose Audio and comprehensive Premium Packages now standard, a significant savings is realized with the Platinum Editions.
The base M.S.R.P for the Panamera Platinum Edition will be $80,500. The Panamera 4 Platinum Edition will have a base M.S.R.P of $84,600. Prices do not include the $975 destination charge.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Manchester United delights FedEx Field crowd with shootout win over Inter Milan
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world