- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Porsche launches a special Sport Sedan series
Porsche is offering a particularly exclusive and elegant version of the Panamera: the Platinum Edition. The elegant special edition Panamera, available in Panamera and all-wheel-drive Panamera 4 configurations, stands out thanks to subtle, independent design features in platinum silver metallic combined with expanded standard features and exclusive details. The two new Panamera models will be available in the U.S. starting January 5, 2013.
The lower half of the side view mirrors, along with various grills designed specifically for the turbo model, the trim on the trunk lid and the rear diffuser are all in platinum silver metallic. The interplay with one of the Edition's five exterior finish colors results in an especially harmonious and elegant appearance. Available in solid exterior colors of black or white as well as the optional basalt black metallic, carbon grey metallic and mahogany metallic lacquer finishes. The exterior package in high gloss black is used for the side window strips creates a convincing overall exterior appearance.
Delivering considerable customer benefit, many popular options are now standard equipment with the Panamera Platinum Edition. These include the Bi-Xenon with Porsche Dynamic Lighting System (PDLS) main headlights and parking assist front and rear. The 19-inch Panamera Turbo alloy wheels with full color Porsche center crests highlight the sporty elegance of the vehicle.
The new black/luxor beige two-tone combination also creates an especially sumptuous interior ambience. Exclusively for the Panamera Platinum Edition a partial-leather interior package comes as standard, with a full leather package available. The new two-tone combination patterns have been revised and along with the upper part of the dashboard and the door trim, the foot-well and the back of the front seats as well as the load-space cover are in black, while the remainder of the interior is in luxor beige. Other highlights include the standard sport design steering wheel and the distinctive Porsche crest on the front and rear headrests as well as the insignia "Platinum Edition" on the front door trim strips.
The Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system with navigation and standard Bose Audio surround sound helps to keep Platinum Edition drivers on track. With a high-resolution 7-inch TFT touchscreen and fourteen loudspeakers with a combined output of 585 watts, the Porsche Communication Management with built-in navigation unit not only gives assistance with dynamic route guidance, but also ensures optimal audio sound in the vehicle. In addition, Power Steering Plus as well as front and rear seat heating comes as standard. With the popular Bose Audio and comprehensive Premium Packages now standard, a significant savings is realized with the Platinum Editions.
The base M.S.R.P for the Panamera Platinum Edition will be $80,500. The Panamera 4 Platinum Edition will have a base M.S.R.P of $84,600. Prices do not include the $975 destination charge.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again