- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Resale of the week: Neighbor to Mount Vernon, near Potomac
The upper level has three more bedrooms, each with hardwood flooring and tall windows. Two of the bedrooms share a bath, and the other has a private full bath.
One of the home’s two laundry rooms is on the upper level along with access to a large attic space with an attic fan and an upgraded ventilation system.
The walk-out lower level includes an au pair or in-law suite with a bedroom, a full bath and a kitchen that also functions as a catering kitchen when entertaining. The kitchen has a full-size refrigerator, a sink, multiple cabinets and double wall ovens. This level also has a laundry room.
Nearby is an oversized recreation room with a wood-burning fireplace with a brick hearth and surround. The recreation room includes an additional space perfect for a crafts or a game area in front of oversized glass doors to the deck. Floor-to-ceiling windows flank the glass doors.
This expansive home has approximately 5,300 finished square feet on three levels, with plenty of room for friends and family to gather.
Address: 900 Clifton Drive, Alexandria, VA 22308
Age: Built in 1976
Size: Approximately 5,300 square feet on lot of approximately 0.56 acres
Taxes: $13,855 in 2011
Homeowners association fee: None
Exterior features: Colonial-style single-family home on a cul-de-sac, landscaped grounds surrounded by woods, two-level rear deck, attached two-car garage
Interior features: Three levels with five bedrooms, four full baths, powder room, hardwood flooring on main and upper levels, gourmet kitchen with breakfast area, great room, living room, dining room, first-floor library, master bedroom with separate sitting room and luxury bath, lower-level guest suite with kitchen and bath, finished recreation room
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Blast of winter weather heads to D.C. area
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
White House pets gone wild!