- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Newman re-united with crew chief Matt Borland
KANSAS CITY, KAN. (AP) - Ryan Newman will soon be reunited with the crew chief who guided him to 12 career victories.
Under a restructuring at Stewart-Haas Racing announced Friday, vice president of competition Matt Borland will also be crew chief of the No. 39 Chevrolet beginning next week at Martinsville. Borland and Newman spent five seasons together from 2002-2006 at Penske Racing, where they won 12 races and 37 poles.
"Matt Borland has had great success as a crew chief, and much of it came when he and Ryan Newman worked together," competition director Greg Zipadelli said. "Matt and Ryan both have engineering backgrounds and they have similar mindsets. It's a pairing that produced some very good results and there's no reason why it can't produce similar results now that they're back together. Their four races together this year will position them very well for 2013."
Tony Gibson will move to the No. 10 team to crew chief for Danica Patrick. Gibson will get a jump on the 2013 season by overseeing Patrick in her final two Sprint Cup starts of the season, at Texas and Phoenix.
Team co-owner Tony Stewart and crew chief Steve Addington are not changing.
"We have a lot of talented people at Stewart-Haas Racing and as we grow, it's important to place people in the proper roles to get the best out of everyone," Zipadelli said. "Tony Gibson has been with Stewart-Haas Racing from the beginning and knows what it takes to build a team. His experience will be crucial to developing the No. 10 team and Danica, and the rapport he already has with Matt Borland and Steve Addington will make the communication between all three of our teams seamless."
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014