- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
Wake Forest 16, Virginia 10
Question of the Day
Virginia answered quickly, driving 62 yards in eight plays. Sims started the drive with a 31-yard pass to Jake McGee, and hit an 18-yarder to E.J. Scott, but the drive stalled at the Demon Deacons’ 13. Ian Frye kicked a 30-yard field goal.
Wake Forest led 10-7 at halftime and Hedlund’s 44-yard field goal made it 13-7 in the third.
After Harris‘ scoring run, most the rest of the half was a punting contest, except for one Cavaliers drive that reached the Demon Deacons’ 26. From there, Frye tried a 44-yard field goal, but the kick sailed wide right.
Virginia finally got something going late in the half, almost all of it through the air. Sims completed seven passes, three for third-down conversions, and hit former Oscar Smith High School teammate Tim Smith on a slant from 13 yards.
Only 20 seconds remained in the half, but the Demon Deacons made another special teams play as Chibulkem Okoro returned the short, bouncing kick 20 yards to the 40. A personal foul on Kyle McCartin for tackling Okoro out of bounds moved it to the Virginia 45. Price hit 6-5 Brandon Terry in one-on-one coverage against 6-foot Drequan Hoskey for 41 yards, and Hedlund’s 22-yard first field goal made it 10-7 at halftime.
Wake’s scoring drives in the half took six seconds, and 17 seconds.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq