- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Britney Spears: Testimony to begin in defamation suit against singer’s parents
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Testimony is set to begin Monday in a defamation suit by Britney Spears‘ ex-manager against her parents.
Lawyers for Sam Lutfi, the ex-manager, declined to say whether he would be the first witness at the trial here.
But one thing certain was that Miss Spears will not testify. She remains under a court-ordered conservatorship, and a judge told her not to participate.
Her father, Jamie, who is her conservator, has been in court with his wife, Lynne, whose book on her daughter’s darkest days led to the defamation suit by Mr. Lutfi.
He was portrayed by lawyers for the family as a destructive force in Miss Spears‘ life. His lawyers maintain he was just trying to help the singer and manage her career.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq