- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Exec says he never heard man was Spears’ manager
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A top recording executive testified Monday that he was Britney Spears‘ “lifeline” during the darkest days of her well-documented meltdown and never heard that she had a new manager named Sam Lutfi.
Barry Weiss, who headed Jive Records, the label on which Spears recorded, said his only contact from Lutfi in 2007-08 was when Weiss asked him for assurance that Spears would be on set to record a music video for her “Blackout” album.
The trial took an early recess Monday and will resume Tuesday.
Conservators of Spears‘ estate, including her father, Jamie, who was in court, contend that Lutfi was never her manager but was simply a user who inserted himself into Spears‘ life and preyed on her vulnerabilities.
Weiss said the singer would discuss with him the album’s packaging, choice of a single record and creative matters normally discussed with a manager.
“There was no manager involved,” Weiss said. “She was estranged from her family. I felt I was a lifeline for her. She was texting me constantly from her cellphone.”
“She’s a superstar, a household name in every country in the world,” Weiss said.
By Tom Fitton
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow