- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Freak lightning storm kills 1, injures 7 on California beach
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Go get ’em, Joe
Question of the Day
Four years ago, Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher (known now as Joe the Plumber) asked a simple question of the then-Sen. Barack Obama about his small-business tax policy. After a lengthy explanation, Mr. Obama concluded his reply by saying, “When you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everyone.”
Now, after mulling over that answer for four years and making numerous public appearances, Mr. Wurzelbacher has decided to take on Rep. Marcy Kaptur, Ohio Democrat, for the congressional seat in Ohio’s 9th District (“Going his own way, ‘Joe the Plumber’ vies for House seat,” Web, Oct. 7).
My response to this: Go get ‘em, Joe. Your story should inspire everyone — never be afraid to ask political candidates questions.
GEORGE T. WEIR
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins