- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
BBC boss to face lawmaker committee over scandal
LONDON (AP) - The director general of the BBC is set to face a lawmaker committee to explain why the broadcaster pulled an expose unmasking one of its most popular entertainers as a pedophile.
George Entwistle will face lawmakers on the Culture Media and Sport Select Committee on Tuesday. The appearance comes a day after BBC reporters put their own bosses in the hot seat over their role in the expanding pedophilia scandal.
Monday’s powerful but often awkward broadcast centered on revelations that late children’s television star Jimmy Savile was a prolific predator, suspected of sexually assaulting more than 200 children over a decades-long career.
The scandal’s explosion has cut an ugly gash through the venerable broadcaster’s public image, particularly because it remains unclear why editors pulled the original expose last year.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!