- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Former U.Va. lax player serving time in southwest Va.
OAKWOOD, Va. | A former University of Virginia lacrosse player convicted in the beating death of his ex-girlfriend is serving his 23-year prison sentence in the remote western corner of the state.
George W. Huguely V was assigned in mid-October to Keen Mountain Correctional Center in Oakwood, according to the Virginia Department of Corrections website. He is among nearly 900 inmates at the Buchanan County prison.
The 24-year-old Chevy Chase, Md., man was convicted in February of second-degree murder in the May 2010 slaying of 22-year-old Yeardley Love. The Cockeysville, Md., woman was found dead in her Charlottesville bedroom after Huguely confronted Love after a day of heavy drinking.
Keen Mountain lists Huguely’s projected release date as May 2030.
Huguely’s attorneys are appealing his conviction.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014