- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Fox sets viewership record with 3rd debate
NEW YORK (AP) - While it set a viewership record for Fox News Channel, Monday’s debate between President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney was the least-watched of their three meetings.
The Nielsen company estimated that 59.2 million people watched the debate, which was moderated by CBS‘ Bob Schieffer and focused on foreign policy. Their first debate had a television audience of 67.2 million and the second had 65.6 million.
The debate went up against a Monday night pro football game that was seen by 10.7 million and the deciding game of the National League championship series, which had 8.1 million viewers.
Still, the debate had a larger audience than the third contest between Obama and John McCain in 2008 (56.5 million viewers).
An estimated 11.5 million people watched Monday’s debate on Fox News Channel. The network’s previous viewership record was the 11.1 million who watched the second presidential debate last week and the Joe Biden-Sarah Palin vice presidential debate in 2008.
The debate was seen live on 10 different networks, with the Spanish-language Telemundo airing it on tape delay.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.