- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
New Bond film ‘Skyfall’ gets royal world premiere
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - The latest James Bond movie is getting its world premiere in London on Tuesday, with Prince Charles on hand to give it a royal seal of approval.
“Skyfall” is the 23rd official Bond film, and Craig’s third outing as the suave superspy. Harris is Bond girl Eve, a field agent racked by self-doubt, Dench plays spy chief M, battling a crisis with roots in her past, and Bardem plays Raoul Silva, a Bond villain bent on revenge.
Bardem said he was drawn to the role of Bond bad guy after seeing Jaws, the steel-toothed henchman in 1979’s “Moonraker.”
With some critics hailing the Sam Mendes-directed “Skyfall” as one of the best Bond films of the half-a-century-old franchise, Bardem said the series’ appeal showed that “they have been doing something really right, starting with the actors who have played Bond. They have all brought their own flavor to it.”
Craig, dressed in a black Tom Ford suit, appeared to share a laugh with Prince Charles and his wife Camilla ahead of the premiere. Also on hand were Ben Whishaw, who plays Q, and Berenice Marlohe, who plays Bond girl Severine, as well as Olympic cycling champion Victoria Pendleton and model Kelly Brook.
“Skyfall” opens in Britain on Friday and in the U.S. on Nov. 9. Proceeds from Tuesday’s royal gala are going to charities that help members of Britain’s intelligence services.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world