- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
New Bond film ‘Skyfall’ gets royal world premiere
LONDON (AP) - The latest James Bond movie is getting its world premiere in London on Tuesday, with Prince Charles on hand to give it a royal seal of approval.
“Skyfall” is the 23rd official Bond film, and Craig’s third outing as the suave superspy. Harris is Bond girl Eve, a field agent racked by self-doubt, Dench plays spy chief M, battling a crisis with roots in her past, and Bardem plays Raoul Silva, a Bond villain bent on revenge.
Bardem said he was drawn to the role of Bond bad guy after seeing Jaws, the steel-toothed henchman in 1979’s “Moonraker.”
With some critics hailing the Sam Mendes-directed “Skyfall” as one of the best Bond films of the half-a-century-old franchise, Bardem said the series’ appeal showed that “they have been doing something really right, starting with the actors who have played Bond. They have all brought their own flavor to it.”
Craig, dressed in a black Tom Ford suit, appeared to share a laugh with Prince Charles and his wife Camilla ahead of the premiere. Also on hand were Ben Whishaw, who plays Q, and Berenice Marlohe, who plays Bond girl Severine, as well as Olympic cycling champion Victoria Pendleton and model Kelly Brook.
“Skyfall” opens in Britain on Friday and in the U.S. on Nov. 9. Proceeds from Tuesday’s royal gala are going to charities that help members of Britain’s intelligence services.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again