- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Rodriguez’s celeb friends kick off Kohl’s launch
NEW YORK (AP) - Even celebrities appreciate a bargain. Perhaps that’s why famous pals Katie Holmes and Julianna Margulies joined Narciso Rodriguez as he launched a limited-edition collection with a more affordable national retailer.
Holmes walked the red carpet at the launch party Monday in New York for Rodriguez’s line for Kohls.
“Narciso is a friend and I’m really excited to be here to support him and I think it’s wonderful what he’s doing and I’ve been a fan of his for a long time and it’s an honor to be here. It’s always an honor to wear his clothing,” she said.
Rodriguez’s line launches Kohl’s DesigNation program, which features styles inspired by faraway lands. He used as a starting point a recent trip to Istanbul, and he married elements of Turkish culture with his typical architectural construction.
“The Good Wife” actress Margulies said she not only is a fan of Narciso Rodriguez, she regards him as family. “Seventeen years ago, I met Narciso and I took him to his first CFDA Awards. I was his date. … It’s a history. He was at my wedding, he was there the day my baby was born. We’re family.”
Emma Roberts said she also appreciated the accessibility of the collection for Kohl’s.
“I love when these big designers are collaborating with places to make their stuff more accessible to everybody and also just making kind of more everyday pieces because so many of these designers I love, but they do these gowns that you can’t exactly wear to the supermarket.”
She said her eye was on Rodriguez’s “cute” pajama pant that she’d wear out in the daytime.
Rodriguez for DesigNation will be available in Kohl’s stores on Nov. 7. In the spring, Derek Lam takes over the program for a collection inspired by his trip to Brazil.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again