- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Rodriguez’s celeb friends kick off Kohl’s launch
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Even celebrities appreciate a bargain. Perhaps that’s why famous pals Katie Holmes and Julianna Margulies joined Narciso Rodriguez as he launched a limited-edition collection with a more affordable national retailer.
“Narciso is a friend and I’m really excited to be here to support him and I think it’s wonderful what he’s doing and I’ve been a fan of his for a long time and it’s an honor to be here. It’s always an honor to wear his clothing,” she said.
Rodriguez’s line launches Kohl's DesigNation program, which features styles inspired by faraway lands. He used as a starting point a recent trip to Istanbul, and he married elements of Turkish culture with his typical architectural construction.
“The Good Wife” actress Margulies said she not only is a fan of Narciso Rodriguez, she regards him as family. “Seventeen years ago, I met Narciso and I took him to his first CFDA Awards. I was his date. … It’s a history. He was at my wedding, he was there the day my baby was born. We’re family.”
Emma Roberts said she also appreciated the accessibility of the collection for Kohl's.
“I love when these big designers are collaborating with places to make their stuff more accessible to everybody and also just making kind of more everyday pieces because so many of these designers I love, but they do these gowns that you can’t exactly wear to the supermarket.”
She said her eye was on Rodriguez’s “cute” pajama pant that she’d wear out in the daytime.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world