- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Specs for iPad Mini, rivals, full-sized iPad
Apple introduced a smaller iPad on Tuesday, putting it in competition with devices from Amazon.com Inc., Google Inc. and others. Here’s a look at some of the hardware specs for Apple’s iPad Mini, compared with leading rivals and the full-sized iPad.
Apple Inc.’s iPad Mini (available Nov. 2)
_ Price: $329 for base model with Wi-Fi only and 16 gigabytes of storage, $429 with 32 GB, $529 with 64 GB. Add $130 for versions with cellular capability.
_ Screen size: 7.9 inches diagonally
_ Screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels
_ Weight: 0.68 pound (0.69 pound for cellular versions)
_ Cameras: 5-megapixel camera on back and a low-resolution camera on front, for videoconferencing
_ Battery life: 10 hours
_ Operating system: Apple’s iOS
Pros: Unmatched access to third-party applications, high-quality Apple software and the iTunes store. High-resolution screen. Available with access to fast 4G wireless broadband networks, starting at $459.
Cons: Data storage cannot be expanded with memory cards.
Barnes & Noble Inc.’s Nook HD (available Nov. 1)
_ Price: $199 with 8 gigabytes of storage, $229 with 16 GB
_ Screen size: 7 inches diagonally
_ Screen resolution: 1440 by 900 pixels
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again