- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Taiwan sculptor makes 2-meter-tall crystal Buddha
Question of the Day
TAIPEI, TAIWAN (AP) - A Taiwanese sculptor has made a 2-meter- (6.6 foot-) tall crystal glass statue of "Buddha of a Thousand Hands" she says was inspired by an 800-year-old painting from China's Yuan dynasty.
Loretta Yang says the statue is twice as tall as one she made in 2006 that was recognized then as the world's tallest crystal glass Buddha statue.
She says her new statue has a few tiny cracks and is "less than perfect" but it fulfills her wish to save in crystal the fading Buddha images painted on the famous Dunhuang cave walls in western China.
Yang is artistic director and co-founder of glassmaker Liuli Gongfang. She is Buddhist and has created Buddha statues and other glass works in traditional and modern styles. They are on display in Taipei.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Border Patrol helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow