- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America unprepared for nuclear Iran
Iran continues its march toward a nuclear weapon, and the world is not prepared. Neither of the two presidential candidates seem to want to come to grips with the idea of a nuclear Iran. The implications of reaching a "red line" have not been made clear in the debates of this election season, and no one seems intent on defining for the American people what is at stake or what can be expected should a military strike on Iran eventually happen.
Is it political manipulation or an intelligence failure that prevents our leaders from shooting straight with us Americans about what we can expect or what preparations are in the works for this potential scenario? Iran has been preparing for war for years. Its leadership knows that war is imminent, and the mullahs have been engaged in war councils more than once to ensure that preparations for an all-out battle are in place.
This time, America must be prepared for hostilities on its soil. Terrorist surrogates of Iran are already here, and the effects could endanger our lives and destroy our infrastructure and commerce. Furthermore, the turmoil in America would be matched or exceeded by war in the Middle East, where American military assets would be engaged with Iran if it attacked Israel.
The day of reckoning is near, and it is getting late in the day for our leadership to prepare us for what is to come.
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan