- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America unprepared for nuclear Iran
Question of the Day
Iran continues its march toward a nuclear weapon, and the world is not prepared. Neither of the two presidential candidates seem to want to come to grips with the idea of a nuclear Iran. The implications of reaching a "red line" have not been made clear in the debates of this election season, and no one seems intent on defining for the American people what is at stake or what can be expected should a military strike on Iran eventually happen.
Is it political manipulation or an intelligence failure that prevents our leaders from shooting straight with us Americans about what we can expect or what preparations are in the works for this potential scenario? Iran has been preparing for war for years. Its leadership knows that war is imminent, and the mullahs have been engaged in war councils more than once to ensure that preparations for an all-out battle are in place.
This time, America must be prepared for hostilities on its soil. Terrorist surrogates of Iran are already here, and the effects could endanger our lives and destroy our infrastructure and commerce. Furthermore, the turmoil in America would be matched or exceeded by war in the Middle East, where American military assets would be engaged with Iran if it attacked Israel.
The day of reckoning is near, and it is getting late in the day for our leadership to prepare us for what is to come.
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014