- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America unprepared for nuclear Iran
Iran continues its march toward a nuclear weapon, and the world is not prepared. Neither of the two presidential candidates seem to want to come to grips with the idea of a nuclear Iran. The implications of reaching a "red line" have not been made clear in the debates of this election season, and no one seems intent on defining for the American people what is at stake or what can be expected should a military strike on Iran eventually happen.
Is it political manipulation or an intelligence failure that prevents our leaders from shooting straight with us Americans about what we can expect or what preparations are in the works for this potential scenario? Iran has been preparing for war for years. Its leadership knows that war is imminent, and the mullahs have been engaged in war councils more than once to ensure that preparations for an all-out battle are in place.
This time, America must be prepared for hostilities on its soil. Terrorist surrogates of Iran are already here, and the effects could endanger our lives and destroy our infrastructure and commerce. Furthermore, the turmoil in America would be matched or exceeded by war in the Middle East, where American military assets would be engaged with Iran if it attacked Israel.
The day of reckoning is near, and it is getting late in the day for our leadership to prepare us for what is to come.
North Las Vegas, Nev.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- CPAC 2014: Huckabee says government impeding religious liberty
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine