- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Rose comes into Shanghai on high targeting McIlroy
Having won the money title in 2007, Rose says it would mean a lot more to earn it this time.
“When I won the Order of Merit in 2007 it kind of felt like it happened out of the blue that season,” Rose said. “But I now feel like if it happened again this season, it would come from a different place.
“It would come from what has been a bit of a miraculous year, and a year when I seemed to play well in the right tournaments. It would be a lot more meaningful based on there’s been a lot of hard work that’s gone on between 2007 and now.
“I am a lot more aware of why I’m playing well, and a lot more sustainable into the future. And to be No. 1 of any tour, especially the European Tour, that’s a huge goal and that would be a huge honor to be honest.
“So it’s got my attention for these next few events.”
“I’m hoping not to come down from that (Ryder Cup) high just yet, I’m still feeling positive about everything,” Rose said.
“For some guys you can come back to real life and real tournaments and when you’re not in contention, the thrill of that week seems a million miles away from what you might be experiencing on the golf course if you are running 30th, 40th in the field.
“So while it is very important not to be in the past when you’re playing each individual tournament, you have got to cherish those memories, because what happened for me personally at the Ryder Cup on that Sunday are stories for the grandkids.”
“Rory is playing a lot of European Tour golf through to the run-up to Dubai, so I am going to have to play well and figure I’m going to have to win one of these next two weeks to give myself a really good chance in Dubai,” Rose said.
A new report draws a clear pattern of deception at the IRS
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Tracy Porter, Jason Hatcher, Darryl Sharpton set to join Redskins
- NFL free agency: Revis, Sproles have new homes while Smith, Harrison are looking
- Senators reach deal on unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'Funny or Die' gig is beneath dignity of presidency
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again