- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Rose comes into Shanghai on high targeting McIlroy
Having won the money title in 2007, Rose says it would mean a lot more to earn it this time.
“When I won the Order of Merit in 2007 it kind of felt like it happened out of the blue that season,” Rose said. “But I now feel like if it happened again this season, it would come from a different place.
“It would come from what has been a bit of a miraculous year, and a year when I seemed to play well in the right tournaments. It would be a lot more meaningful based on there’s been a lot of hard work that’s gone on between 2007 and now.
“I am a lot more aware of why I’m playing well, and a lot more sustainable into the future. And to be No. 1 of any tour, especially the European Tour, that’s a huge goal and that would be a huge honor to be honest.
“So it’s got my attention for these next few events.”
“I’m hoping not to come down from that (Ryder Cup) high just yet, I’m still feeling positive about everything,” Rose said.
“For some guys you can come back to real life and real tournaments and when you’re not in contention, the thrill of that week seems a million miles away from what you might be experiencing on the golf course if you are running 30th, 40th in the field.
“So while it is very important not to be in the past when you’re playing each individual tournament, you have got to cherish those memories, because what happened for me personally at the Ryder Cup on that Sunday are stories for the grandkids.”
“Rory is playing a lot of European Tour golf through to the run-up to Dubai, so I am going to have to play well and figure I’m going to have to win one of these next two weeks to give myself a really good chance in Dubai,” Rose said.
The tour’s season-ending Dubai event starts on Nov. 22.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.