- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
Sandoval homers 3 times in Game 1
Jhonny Peralta had a two-run homer in the ninth for Detroit.
Fun stat: The only other player to hit three homers in a game at AT&T Park was light-hitting Dodgers shortstop Kevin Elster. He did it back in 2000 in the first game ever at the waterfront ballpark.
The two-time Cy Young Award winner is perfect through 2 1-3 innings of relief. Five strikeouts and two groundouts. Lincecum sure looks comfortable out of the bullpen in October after a poor regular season in which he went 10-15, 5.18 ERA.
Looking for his record-tying fourth home run, Pablo Sandoval singled in the seventh inning as the Giants tacked on more runs. Three homers and a single tonight, not bad for a guy who was benched while slumping through the 2010 postseason.
Demoted closer Jose Valverde came on in relief for the Tigers, trying to find his form _ and his confidence _ in a low-leverage situation. It didn’t work. Angel Pagan’s double and Marco Scutaro’s RBI single made it 7-1 Giants. Sandoval singled and Buster Posey added a run-scoring single to make it 8-1.
FOX showed a graphic that said Lincecum’s outing marked the first time one Cy Young Award winner relieved another in the World Series since Baltimore’s Jim Palmer came in for Mike Flanagan in 1983 against the Philadelphia Phillies.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.