- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Sandoval homers twice off Verlander in Game 1
Verlander threw 66 of those pitches in his final two innings. The Giants really put some tough at-bats on him and made him work hard.
Delmon Young’s attempted throw to the plate hit the ground before it even reached the infield.
Wonder what kind of odds you could have gotten in Vegas on Verlander giving up a run-scoring hit to a pitcher?
Zito had a nice bunt single for an RBI in his previous start, Game 5 of the NLCS in St. Louis. Giants pitchers have an RBI in four straight postseason games.
Young fails to run on a tapper right in front of the plate, so Giants catcher Buster Posey quickly tags him and throws to second for an easy double play in the fourth. Prince Fielder had opened the inning with a single.
The Giants are getting the good bounces so far. Angel Pagan hit a chopper toward third base that hit the corner of the bag and kicked into shallow left field for a two-out double in the third inning.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Galaxy S4 owner claims Samsung tried to silence him after phone caught fire
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow