- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Sandoval homers twice off Verlander in Game 1
Question of the Day
Verlander threw 66 of those pitches in his final two innings. The Giants really put some tough at-bats on him and made him work hard.
Delmon Young’s attempted throw to the plate hit the ground before it even reached the infield.
Wonder what kind of odds you could have gotten in Vegas on Verlander giving up a run-scoring hit to a pitcher?
Zito had a nice bunt single for an RBI in his previous start, Game 5 of the NLCS in St. Louis. Giants pitchers have an RBI in four straight postseason games.
Young fails to run on a tapper right in front of the plate, so Giants catcher Buster Posey quickly tags him and throws to second for an easy double play in the fourth. Prince Fielder had opened the inning with a single.
The Giants are getting the good bounces so far. Angel Pagan hit a chopper toward third base that hit the corner of the bag and kicked into shallow left field for a two-out double in the third inning.
Red-hot Marco Scutaro follows with an RBI single to center on a 3-2 curveball and Pablo Sandoval hits his second homer of the game to make it 4-0 Giants.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq