TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — The Tunisian government on Wednesday confirmed it has arrested a 28-year-old Tunisian reportedly linked to the U.S. Consulate attack in Libya.
Tunisian Interior Ministry spokesman Tarrouch Khaled said Ali Harzi was in custody in Tunis. Mr. Khaled told The Associated Press that "his case is in the hands of justice." He did not elaborate.
In Washington, the State Department had no comment. Earlier this month, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said the United States has been looking into the arrests of two Tunisian men being detained in Turkey reportedly in connection with attacks on the consulate.
Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi on Sept. 11.