- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
BMW Motorrad presents K 1300 S special model
Question of the Day
It was in 1983 that BMW Motorrad launched the K 100, the first ever BMW fitted with a liquid-cooled 4-cylinder in-line engine and also featuring a completely distinct and — for its time — pioneering technological concept: the BMW Compact Drive System with longitudinally mounted crankshaft and horizontal cylinder bank. This first generation of the K models also ushered in technological innovations such as the first electronic fuel injection system. This was followed five years later by the introduction of 4-valve technology and the very first ABS system in a serial motorcycle. In 2004, BMW Motorrad established the third generation of the series with the K 1200 S, now with its crankshaft arranged transversely to the direction of travel and featuring the two suspension innovations Duolever and ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment). The BMWK-series was also supplemented with the two in-line 6-cylinder models K1600 GT/GTL in 2010.
The special model K 1300 S “30 Jahre K-Modelle” celebrates the success story of the K series with an extensive range of options and a special colour concept in Alpine white / Sapphire black metallic and Racing red in conjunction with a tinted windshield.
Electronic suspension adjustment ESA II and the Safety Package including RDC and Automatic Stability Control ASC ensure that the K 1300 S “30 Jahre K-Modelle” has a comprehensive set of safety systems in addition to the standard ABS.
The HP shift assistant and HP footrests for rider and passenger reflect the sporty aspirations of the K 1300 S. Meanwhile the Akrapovic sports silencer provides the appropriately athletic 4-cylinder sound, in addition to giving the model a dynamic appearance.
The K 1300 S “30 Jahre K-Modelle” meets more sophisticated demands in the area of comfort with heated grips and an on-board computer.
Above and beyond this, the K 1300 S special model “30 Jahre K-Modelle” can be individually supplemented with special accessories and options from the extensive BMW Motorrad range, with the exception of standard paint finishes.
TWT Video Picks
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq