- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Clarkson grand marshal for pre-Fat Tues. parade
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Pop star Kelly Clarkson will ride as celebrity grand marshal when the Krewe of Endymion parade rolls the Saturday before Fat Tuesday in 2013.
Clarkson was the first winner of “American Idol” in 2002. Her hits include “A Moment Like This” and “Because of You.”
Organizers say she’ll perform at Endymion’s ball at the Superdome after the parade.
Clarkson may be upstaged at the Feb. 9 parade by a float that organizers say will be the largest and most elaborate in Carnival history.
The super float will be 330 feet long and carry more than 200 riders.
Fat Tuesday translated into French is Mardi Gras and is on Feb. 12 next year. It is traditionally marked with feasting the day before the Catholic season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.