- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Giants lead Tigers 1-0 in 8th inning of Game 2
Question of the Day
San Francisco breaks through for a run in the seventh.
Hunter Pence led off with a single that chased Tigers starter Doug Fister after 114 pitches. Rookie left-hander Drew Smyly got two strikes on Brandon Belt, then walked him. Gregor Blanco went up looking to sacrifice and his bunt was so perfect that it hugged the third base line for a hit that loaded the bases.
Brandon Crawford grounded into a 4-6-3 double play, giving the Giants a 1-0 lead. They are 7-1 when scoring first this postseason.
Madison Bumgarner was lifted for pinch-hitter Ryan Theriot, who struck out to end the seventh. What an outstanding bounce-back effort by Bumgarner, who gave up only two hits and struck out eight in seven innings.
Santiago Casilla works a 1-2-3 eighth and San Francisco is three outs from taking a 2-0 lead to Detroit.
Detroit needs Prince Fielder to start producing before it’s too late. He’s having a tough postseason.
Fielder took a huge hack on the next pitch and swung through it. Then he bounced back to the mound for a 1-6-3 double play, snuffing out a potential rally.
A fired-up Bumgarner pumped his fist and yelled.
Fielder began the night hitting .214 with a homer and three RBIs in the postseason.
Bumgarner has been crafty all night, striking out eight while throwing only 86 pitches through seven innings. Game 2 is still scoreless in the bottom of the seventh.
We’ve got a pitchers’ duel in Game 2 of the World Series.
Scoreless through 5 1/2 innings. Both teams have two hits.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world