- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Giants lead Tigers 1-0 in 8th inning of Game 2
San Francisco breaks through for a run in the seventh.
Hunter Pence led off with a single that chased Tigers starter Doug Fister after 114 pitches. Rookie left-hander Drew Smyly got two strikes on Brandon Belt, then walked him. Gregor Blanco went up looking to sacrifice and his bunt was so perfect that it hugged the third base line for a hit that loaded the bases.
Brandon Crawford grounded into a 4-6-3 double play, giving the Giants a 1-0 lead. They are 7-1 when scoring first this postseason.
Madison Bumgarner was lifted for pinch-hitter Ryan Theriot, who struck out to end the seventh. What an outstanding bounce-back effort by Bumgarner, who gave up only two hits and struck out eight in seven innings.
Santiago Casilla works a 1-2-3 eighth and San Francisco is three outs from taking a 2-0 lead to Detroit.
Detroit needs Prince Fielder to start producing before it’s too late. He’s having a tough postseason.
Fielder took a huge hack on the next pitch and swung through it. Then he bounced back to the mound for a 1-6-3 double play, snuffing out a potential rally.
A fired-up Bumgarner pumped his fist and yelled.
Fielder began the night hitting .214 with a homer and three RBIs in the postseason.
Bumgarner has been crafty all night, striking out eight while throwing only 86 pitches through seven innings. Game 2 is still scoreless in the bottom of the seventh.
We’ve got a pitchers’ duel in Game 2 of the World Series.
Scoreless through 5 1/2 innings. Both teams have two hits.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.