- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Luxury home: Bucolic-feeling enclave near Tysons Corner
A stone gatehouse provides an elegant entrance to the community of Maymont in Vienna, where Basheer & Edgemoore is building 58 single-family homes. Tree-lined streets and walking trails link the homes with Terrace Park, which backs to Fairfax County parkland, creating an enclave with professionally landscaped rolling hills leading to woods.
The bucolic Maymont community offers respite for families wanting to escape their busy lives, yet residents can quickly be on a shopping expedition in Tysons Corner Center or Tysons Galleria or digging into a gourmet meal at one of the area’s restaurants. Maymont, located off Route 7 and Beulah Road, is near Tysons Corner, McLean, Great Falls, Reston and downtown Washington for commuting and socializing.
Once inside the community, residents may feel they have entered another world. The European-inspired homes feature three sides of brick and a brick foundation with HardiePlank siding on the back. Each home has a three-car side-entry garage, carriage lights, a post lamp, a sodded lawn with an in-ground sprinkler system, a paving-stone front walk and professional landscaping.
The six available models have 4,000 to 6,000 finished square feet and are base-priced from $1,490,000 to $1,719,000.
While homebuyers can customize their residences, standard features include hardwood flooring in the foyer, hall, kitchen, morning room and mudroom; ceramic tile flooring in the baths; a gas fireplace in the family room with a marble hearth and surround; columns, niches and crown molding; 10-foot ceilings on the main level; 9-foot ceilings on lower and upper levels; and a luxury master bath with granite counters, an oversized shower with dual shower heads, and a separate soaking tub. Each kitchen has stainless steel appliances, granite counters and 42-inch raised-panel maple cabinets. The homes have an upper-level laundry room with ceramic tile flooring, dual-zone gas heat and central air conditioning, and a gas water heater.
The Innsworth model, priced from $1,639,000 to $1,689,000, includes four bedrooms, four full baths and a powder room. The main level features double front doors that open into a two-story foyer flanked by the formal living room and formal dining room. Buyers can add a fireplace or a bay window to the living room.
The central two-story hall includes an elegant staircase to the upper level, while a second staircase to the upper and lower levels is accessible from the kitchen. In one corner of the main level is a library with an adjacent powder room. Buyers can add built-in bookcases, a fireplace and a bay window to the library. Nearby is the family room, which has a two-sided fireplace and a wall of windows.
The grand kitchen is open to a keeping room, which shares the two-sided fireplace with the family room. The center-island kitchen also is open to the breakfast area, which has two walls of windows. To this level, buyers can add a second powder room, a catering kitchen, a conservatory, a sunroom and a screened porch. Buyers also can add an elevator to all three levels.
Upstairs, the master suite has a separate sitting room with an optional morning bar, a bedroom with a wall of windows, two walk-in closets and a luxurious bath. Buyers who add a sunroom on the lower level can add a private veranda to the master suite.
Three more bedrooms on this level each have a private full bath. A laundry room completes this level. Buyers who add a conservatory on the main level can add a fifth bedroom with a walk-in closet and a full bath to the upper level.
The lower level can be finished with a game room, a club room, a home office, a wet bar, an exercise room, a computer room, a media room and one or two full baths.
For more information about Maymont, contact sales manager Carol Janis at 703/759-2968 or visit www.basheerandedgemoore.com.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again