- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Refusing Trump offer ups suspicion
Question of the Day
Say what you will about Donald Trump (and there's a lot to be said), but he has certainly figured out a creative way for President Obama to benefit from his college records and previous passport information ("Donald Trump says he'll drop political bombshell on Obama," Web, Monday). According to Mr. Trump's offer, all Mr. Obama has to do is release these records and become totally transparent by Wednesday, and the charity of his choice will receive an immediate check for $5 million.
Think about the good that these funds could do for cancer and AIDS research, Planned Parenthood or any other charity the Obamas hold dear. How could the president possibly say no to this offer? Unless, of course, there is something damning in those records that he desperately wants to keep hidden.
If so, then I guess the charity gravy train won't make it out of the station. If that's the case, won't it only compound the suspicion about Mr. Obama? Unless the president indeed has something to hide, how could he in good conscience stiff his favorite charities?
EUGENE R. DUNN
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages