- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Tigers-Giants scoreless in 6th inning of Game 2
We’ve got a pitchers’ duel in Game 2 of the World Series.
Scoreless through 5 1/2 innings. Both teams have two hits.
Tigers pitcher Doug Fister appears completely unfazed by the line drive that deflected off his head in the second inning. He’s retired 10 straight.
Fister gets great torque and natural movement on the ball by unfolding that 6-foot-8 frame. Some nasty stuff.
Giants lefty Madison Bumgarner, only 23 years old, is hitting the corners and looks much better than he did during the NL playoffs, when he had an 11.25 ERA in two starts. He has eight strikeouts.
Detroit is getting some good swings against Bumgarner, but the right-handers have hooked a few balls foul.
A frustrating fourth inning for Detroit.
Omar Infante led off with an infield single and Miguel Cabrera got ahead in the count before smoking a line drive that was caught by third baseman Pablo Sandoval.
Cabrera pounded his chest once and looked up toward the sky.
Prince Fielder flied out to the left-field warning track and Infante was picked off when he tried to steal second.
The umpires have been terrific tonight.
Somehow, Doug Fister appears to be OK.
Gregor Blanco hit a line drive right off the side of Fister’s head in the second inning. The ball caromed high in the air and landed in center field for a single.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.