- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Tigers-Giants scoreless in 6th inning of Game 2
Question of the Day
We’ve got a pitchers’ duel in Game 2 of the World Series.
Scoreless through 5 1/2 innings. Both teams have two hits.
Tigers pitcher Doug Fister appears completely unfazed by the line drive that deflected off his head in the second inning. He’s retired 10 straight.
Fister gets great torque and natural movement on the ball by unfolding that 6-foot-8 frame. Some nasty stuff.
Giants lefty Madison Bumgarner, only 23 years old, is hitting the corners and looks much better than he did during the NL playoffs, when he had an 11.25 ERA in two starts. He has eight strikeouts.
Detroit is getting some good swings against Bumgarner, but the right-handers have hooked a few balls foul.
A frustrating fourth inning for Detroit.
Omar Infante led off with an infield single and Miguel Cabrera got ahead in the count before smoking a line drive that was caught by third baseman Pablo Sandoval.
Cabrera pounded his chest once and looked up toward the sky.
Prince Fielder flied out to the left-field warning track and Infante was picked off when he tried to steal second.
The umpires have been terrific tonight.
Somehow, Doug Fister appears to be OK.
Gregor Blanco hit a line drive right off the side of Fister’s head in the second inning. The ball caromed high in the air and landed in center field for a single.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors