- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Witnesses: Actress ‘manic’ after fatal NJ crash
Question of the Day
SOMERVILLE, N.J. (AP) - Witnesses to the aftermath of a fatal auto accident involving a former "Melrose Place" actress say she was babbling and wasn't aware someone had died.
An emergency medical technician and an ER nurse testified Thursday at the aggravated manslaughter trial of Amy Locane-Bovenizer.
The prosecution and the defense agree Locane-Bovenizer was drunk on the night of the 2010 crash. But the defense claims the actress was distracted by another driver who was chasing her. Sixty-year-old Helene Seeman died in the crash.
Gannett New Jersey ( http://mycj.co/PukkaQ) reports emergency room nurse Christine Wiggins testified Locane-Bovenizer seemed "manic" and didn't appear to know someone had died in the accident.
Locane-Bovenizer appeared on 13 episodes of "Melrose Place" in the role of Sandy Louise Harling
The prosecution could wrap up its case next week.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world