- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
Giants beat Tigers 2-0 in World Series Game 2
The final score is Giants 2, Tigers 0.
Sergio Romo closed out a two-hit shutout for Madison Bumgarner and the Giants, who took a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven World Series.
After a travel day on Friday, Game 3 is Saturday night in Detroit with Ryan Vogelsong set to pitch for San Francisco against Anibal Sanchez.
San Francisco loaded the bases on three walks in the eighth and Hunter Pence’s sacrifice fly made it 2-0.
Angel Pagan got things started with a leadoff walk and a stolen base _ which won everyone in America a free taco from Taco Bell on Oct. 30.
Giants playing small ball, executing well.
San Francisco breaks through for a run in the seventh.
Hunter Pence led off with a single that chased Tigers starter Doug Fister after 114 pitches. Rookie left-hander Drew Smyly got two strikes on Brandon Belt, then walked him. Gregor Blanco went up looking to sacrifice and his bunt was so perfect that it hugged the third base line for a hit that loaded the bases.
Brandon Crawford grounded into a 4-6-3 double play, giving the Giants a 1-0 lead. They are 7-1 when scoring first this postseason.
Madison Bumgarner was lifted for pinch-hitter Ryan Theriot, who struck out to end the seventh. What an outstanding bounce-back effort by Bumgarner, who gave up only two hits and struck out eight in seven innings.
Santiago Casilla works a 1-2-3 eighth and San Francisco is three outs from taking a 2-0 lead to Detroit.
Detroit needs Prince Fielder to start producing before it’s too late. He’s having a tough postseason.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- ISTOOK: Obama's sleight of hand hides hidden government's work
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014