- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LG Display logs first profit in more than 1 year
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (AP) - LG Display Co. returned to profit for the first time in over a year as strong demand for the iPhone 5 and tablet computers increased sales of its display panels.
The South Korean company earned 158 billion won ($144 million) in the July-September third quarter, turning around from a loss of 688 billion won a year earlier. It was its first quarterly profit since the April-June quarter of 2011.
The result fell short of analysts' forecasts, according to financial information provider FnGuide.
LG Display's third-quarter operating profit of 253 billion won was its first operating profit in two years. Revenue totaled 7.6 trillion won.
Analysts said the supplier of display panels for Apple's iPad and iPhone benefited from launches of new mobile products.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.