- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Mainstream media’s vote manipulation
Question of the Day
I have no real problem with early voting as a convenience, but convenience for what? This is the real question ("Getting an early jump on voting," Web, Wednesday).
I do hope media organizations will delay all mention of vote totals or percentages until the polls close on Nov. 6 as has been the rule in the past. However, I fear that some news outlets will jump the gun with early voting results and violate the trust placed in them. So far in several swing states, media outlets have virtually proclaimed President Obama the winner. I doubt the same would be true if Mitt Romney were in the lead -- and he well may be. In such a case, our left-wing media would be as silent as the grave.
It reminds me of the 2000 presidential election, when the media continued to broadcast that the polls in the panhandle of Florida were closed -- an hour or so before they actually were. That was not accidental; the mainstream media are not that stupid. They did it because it benefited their own position.
Voter intimidation does not just come from the likes of thugs in the New Black Panther Party while Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. looks the other way. It originates from the same bias that plagues today's "journalism."
WILSON L. FARIS
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives