- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Spurs beat Wizards 100-85 in preseason finale
Tony Parker added 16 points and Kawhi Leonard 11 for San Antonio (4-3). Duncan was 7 for 13 from the field and had 13 rebounds in 28 minutes at the AT&T Center.
The Spurs open the regular season Oct. 31 at New Orleans.
A.J. Price and Jan Vesely each scored 13 points for Washington (3-5), and Earl Barron added 12.
The Wizards visit Cleveland on Tuesday in their regular-season opener.
Washington sat its starters for much of the fourth quarter after leading most of the game.
Washington held a 40-27 lead with 9 minutes left in the first half following an 18-8 run. The Wizards built their lead as the Spurs‘ starters sat for about eight minutes bridging the first and second quarters.
San Antonio rallied once its starting lineup returned, with Parker scoring eight points in an 18-5 run.
Boris Diaw scored on a fast-break layup to give San Antonio a 61-59 lead, its first since holding a 4-2 advantage. Parker set up Diaw’s basket with a diving save out of bounds on a Washington miss.
The Spurs were without Manu Ginobili, who sat out with back spasms.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.