- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Giants up 2-0 after 3, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
Question of the Day
Another squandered opportunity for the Tigers, who just can’t manage to get a big hit.
After consecutive singles put runners at first and second in the third inning, speedy rookie Quintin Berry grounded into an inning-ending double on the first pitch.
Giants lead 2-0 after three innings.
Pablo Sandoval decided sometime long ago that he was going to swing at the first pitch of his second at-bat.
Anibal Sanchez back to mound for third inning. He headed straight toward the clubhouse after the top of the second and Rick Porcello was warming in the bullpen for Detroit.
Here they go again. The Giants are taking advantage of every opportunity.
Hunter Pence drew a four-pitch walk from Sanchez to start the second inning. Pence stole second as Brandon Belt struck out and went to third on a wild pitch _ a high fastball that tailed way off target and glanced off catcher Alex Avila’s mitt.
With the count full, Gregor Blanco drove an off-speed pitch off the base of the wall in cavernous right-center for an easy triple that put San Francisco ahead.
The Giants are 8-1 when scoring first this postseason.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq