- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Giants up 2-0 after 3, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
Another squandered opportunity for the Tigers, who just can’t manage to get a big hit.
After consecutive singles put runners at first and second in the third inning, speedy rookie Quintin Berry grounded into an inning-ending double on the first pitch.
Giants lead 2-0 after three innings.
Pablo Sandoval decided sometime long ago that he was going to swing at the first pitch of his second at-bat.
Anibal Sanchez back to mound for third inning. He headed straight toward the clubhouse after the top of the second and Rick Porcello was warming in the bullpen for Detroit.
Here they go again. The Giants are taking advantage of every opportunity.
Hunter Pence drew a four-pitch walk from Sanchez to start the second inning. Pence stole second as Brandon Belt struck out and went to third on a wild pitch _ a high fastball that tailed way off target and glanced off catcher Alex Avila’s mitt.
With the count full, Gregor Blanco drove an off-speed pitch off the base of the wall in cavernous right-center for an easy triple that put San Francisco ahead.
The Giants are 8-1 when scoring first this postseason.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.