- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Giants up 2-0 in 6th, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
You get the feeling the Tigers are never going to get a big hit in this World Series.
They loaded the bases with one out in the fifth, but rookie Quintin Berry struck out swinging at a letter-high fastball. Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera, a .416 career hitter with the bases loaded, got jammed by Ryan Vogelsong and popped out to shortstop.
Giants players raised their arms in the dugout. Starting to taste it, perhaps.
Detroit is 0 for 4 with runners in scoring position tonight and 1 for 11 in the Series.
Wonder if that ball might have had a chance to go out on a warmer night.
Jackson nearly dropped it, but hung onto the ball with the heel of his glove.
Couple other interesting stats:
Anibal Sanchez had faced 95 straight right-handed batters without issuing a walk before Hunter Pence’s four-pitch free pass to start the second inning, according to STATS LLC.
Detroit grounded into a pair of inning-ending double plays during the first three innings tonight. The Tigers led the majors in that category this season, grounding into 156 twin killings.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.