- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
Giants up 2-0 in 6th, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
You get the feeling the Tigers are never going to get a big hit in this World Series.
They loaded the bases with one out in the fifth, but rookie Quintin Berry struck out swinging at a letter-high fastball. Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera, a .416 career hitter with the bases loaded, got jammed by Ryan Vogelsong and popped out to shortstop.
Giants players raised their arms in the dugout. Starting to taste it, perhaps.
Detroit is 0 for 4 with runners in scoring position tonight and 1 for 11 in the Series.
Wonder if that ball might have had a chance to go out on a warmer night.
Jackson nearly dropped it, but hung onto the ball with the heel of his glove.
Couple other interesting stats:
Anibal Sanchez had faced 95 straight right-handed batters without issuing a walk before Hunter Pence’s four-pitch free pass to start the second inning, according to STATS LLC.
Detroit grounded into a pair of inning-ending double plays during the first three innings tonight. The Tigers led the majors in that category this season, grounding into 156 twin killings.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014