- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Van Pelt, the defending champion in the unofficial PGA Tour event, birdied four of the first six holes, then birdied five in a row from the eighth on the par-71 Mines Resort course. He had two more birdies to reach 11 under in the round and only needed one more to break 60.
However, he hit his approach on the par-4 18th into the greenside bunker and needed a chip and two putts to finish. He ended up with a 9-under 62 for a share of the third-round lead with Robert Garrigus at 16 under.
Tiger Woods birdied five of the first eight holes, but had three bogeys and a double bogey on the back nine and finished at 69. He was 11 under.
Hanson, the KLM Open winner last month, had a 15-under 200 total at Lake Malaren.
The top-ranked McIlroy, the winner last year when the event was an unofficial tournament, had a 69.
LPGA TAIWAN CHAMPIONSHIP
Park had two eagles and five birdies to reach 18-under 198 at the Sunrise Golf and Country Club. The tour money leader won the won the LPGA Malaysia two weeks ago for her second victory of the year.
Norway’s Suzann Pettersen was second after a 66. She won last week in South Korea.
Local favorite Yani Tseng was 14 under after a 66. The top-ranked Tseng won the event last year.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow