- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
AP Sources: Vick still starter for Eagles
Michael Vick remains the starting quarterback in Philadelphia, for now.
The people spoke on condition of anonymity because all announcements about the starting lineup come from Reid. The Eagles’ headquarters was closed Monday due to Superstorm Sandy, and there was no media availability.
Vick, the four-time Pro Bowl quarterback, has struggled this season and Philadelphia (3-4) has lost three straight games.
Reid has changed his mind on his starting quarterbacks in a 24-hour period before, reversing his call on Kevin Kolb and replacing him with Vick in 2010. It’s unlikely he would do it again and give Foles his first NFL snap on the road in a Monday night game against New Orleans (2-5) next week.
Foles, a third-round pick out of Arizona, had an outstanding preseason. However, he did so playing against backups, third-stringers and guys who didn’t make a roster. Foles impressed coaches and teammates, and fans have been calling for him to start since Week 1.
Vick wasn’t the problem against the Falcons. The defense under new coordinator Todd Bowles allowed scores on the first six possessions, including touchdowns on the first three.
As for the offense, injuries to All-Pro left tackle Jason Peters and center Jason Kelce have crippled the unit. Vick hasn’t had much time to throw and gets hit often. Playcalling isn’t helping, either. Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg have underused All-Pro running back LeSean McCoy in the past three losses.
Vick led Philadelphia to comeback wins with go-ahead touchdowns on its final drive the first two games of the season. But he’s been inconsistent and turnover-prone overall. Vick has just a 78.6 passer rating, his lowest since joining the Eagles. He’s coming off a rare turnover-free performance after throwing eight interceptions and losing five fumbles in the first six games.
The Eagles still have time to turn things around and save Reid’s job. He’s already been told by owner Jeffrey Lurie that another 8-8 finish would be “unacceptable.”
Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- ISTOOK: Obama's sleight of hand hides hidden government's work
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014