- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Giants complete sweep, World Series champions
Question of the Day
Sergio Romo closes it out by throwing a called third strike past Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera.
San Francisco finishes a four-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers in the World Series for its second championship in three years.
See you next year!
Marco Scutaro comes through again for the Giants _ who else?
The NLCS MVP lined a 3-1 pitch from Phil Coke into center field for a go-ahead single in the top of the 10th inning, giving San Francisco a 4-3 lead.
Scutaro entered that at-bat hitting .714 with runners in scoring position this postseason.
Omar Infante was hit on the left hand by Santiago Casilla’s two-out pitch in the ninth inning. You could hear the impact on television, too. Crack!
Infante, grimacing in pain, came out of the game for a pinch-runner. Detroit can only hope the second baseman’s hand isn’t broken.
Gerald Laird grounded into a force play and Game 4 of the World Series is headed to extra innings tied 3-all.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq