- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Giants-Tigers tied at 3 after 8 in Game 4 of WS
Question of the Day
Big-time pitching by Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt.
Middle of the Detroit lineup, and all three go down swinging. Two of them right-handed against the left-handed Affeldt, too.
Score still tied at 3 heading to the ninth inning.
Tigers starter Max Scherzer was lifted with one out in the top of the seventh. With a runner on second, rookie Drew Smyly retired Brandon Crawford on a flyball and Octavio Dotel got Angel Pagan on a grounder to second to keep the score tied.
Giants starter Matt Cain works a 1-2-3 seventh and we’re headed to the eighth tied at 3.
FOX just showed Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford in the stands, wearing a ski cap and bundled up just like everyone else.
A few hours earlier, Stafford led the Lions to a 28-24 victory at home over the Seattle Seahawks. Play-by-play man Joe Buck points out, for the benefit of fantasy football owners, that Stafford had three touchdown passes (though he didn’t to mention that Stafford also ran for a score).
Buck says one thing he knows is that broadcast partner Tim McCarver does not have a fantasy team.
“No, I do not,” McCarver says proudly. “I live in real time, not fantasy, pal.”
Delmon Young hits an opposite-field homer to right for Detroit, tying the score at 3 in the bottom of the sixth.
Giants starter Matt Cain appeared to be in great shape after striking out Miguel Cabrera and getting Prince Fielder on a popup to begin the inning. Young, however, sent a spinning slider into the strong wind and there was little doubt it would clear the fence.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors