- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
Mother of Mo. Sen. McCaskill dies at age 84
Question of the Day
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — The mother of Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill has died.
McCaskill’s campaign said that Betty Anne WardMcCaskill, 84, died Monday at her home in St. Louis. The Democratic senator had said Saturday that her mother suffered from “acute cardio-renal failure” and had lost consciousness at several points in recent days.
Starting last Tuesday, McCaskill canceled most events in her re-election campaign against Republican Todd Akin in order to spend time with her mother.
Betty Anne McCaskill was a political trailblazer in her own regard. She was the first woman elected to the Columbia, Mo., City Council in 1971. She also aided her daughter’s campaigns over the years, oftentimes drawing attention to the rising costs of health care for seniors.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq