- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Tigers go up 2-1 after 3, trying to avoid WS sweep
Question of the Day
The Tigers just got some help from the elements _ perhaps their first break of the entire Series.
A strong gust of wind blowing out to right field carried Miguel Cabrera’s two-out drive into the seats for a two-run homer in the third inning.
Detroit is up 2-1, its first lead in the Series and the first time the Giants have trailed in 57 innings since Game 4 of the NLCS against St. Louis.
He’s using his changeup and he got a big out when cleanup hitter Buster Posey flied out with runners at the corners to end the top of the third inning.
There was talk that Scherzer was dealing with a sore shoulder down the stretch, but he’s pitched well in the postseason. This is only his third start, and he was held to a total of 11 innings during the first two. But he racked up 18 strikeouts in those two games and compiled a 0.82 ERA.
Strong defense has been a huge part of the Giants’ success in this Series so far. First baseman Brandon Belt made an excellent pick when third baseman Pablo Sandoval short-hopped a throw in the third.
Detroit wastes a leadoff single in the bottom of the second by Delmon Young, one of the few Tigers hitters pulling his weight so far.
Prince Fielder is 1 for 12 in the Series.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Obama administration blasts GOP for criticism of Castro handshake
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow